Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Day 75: “it’s so funny how you got hurt” - The Sadist Character



So I was flicking through TV channels the other day, and there was a programme I had never heard of before called ridiculousness which I started watching. The programme was on mtv and was basically just repeated clips of people hurting themselves accidently and sometimes not accidently, with various stunts/situations that go wrong in a very jackass style.

Now immediately when I started watching the clips I found that I was laughing at the people hurting themselves. I was just laughing in pure ignorance as everyone on the show was also laughing at the clips of people hurting themselves.

After a few minutes of watching this programme though I slowed down and I could see that this programme was actually very sadistic, psychotic and probably one of the most ignorant shows i have ever seen, so within this realization my laughter at the clips just immediately stopped, as they were showing everyone from babies to the elderly being hurt in some way on camera. And i could see what is behind this show, what it is feeding into in people, and that within reacting to this show through laughing at the people hurting themselves, I was accepting and allowing that psychotic,sadistic ignorance as myself. 

I mean some of the stunts on this programme were purposely made for the sake of stupidity for camera, trying to piss off big animals or purposely trying to get hit by something hard for example in which case the participants genuinely deserve to be hurt so to speak, but many were genuine accidents that resulted in a person being hurt, and regardless of whether the person being hurt was accidental or not, why is this all considered to be comedy? Why do we accept this? It’s pretty fucked up. 

And really this is something I have existed as for a long time in my life which really began in my preteens, where I started doing a lot of skate boarding, doing pointless/dangerous stunts in trolleys obviously taking “inspiration” from watching programmes like Jackass. I can even remember that at the time me and the guys I hanged out with would actually spend time in our days actually purposely trying to hurt ourselves, just to get it on camera and laugh about it later, fuelling each other’s “extreme stuntman” brainwashing. I always found it very funny until I was the one getting hurt badly, for instance one time when I broke my finger from purposely crashing the go kart me and the guys made into a tree at the bottom of a hill.

So when we look at the world it is very clear that we humans like to see each other getting things wrong, suffering, being degraded, humiliated and then actually making comedy out of it, rather than empowering each other which really explains why it is that so many people in this world suffer and the majority say nothing about it, we have not yet learned to care for each other, to show genuine concern and action to prevent others being abused, to prevent these abusive situations happening. But it is clear currently that as long as we are not the ones enduring this suffering, then its ok to ignore and even at times laugh about the suffering of others. We are such ignorant, demonic, abusers of life, so its time to end this unacceptable brainwashing to build a world where everyone is supported, where nobody laughs at anyone’s misfortune again, so join me in my next blog for self-forgiveness/corrective statements.   

No comments:

Post a Comment