Interesting isn't it, this statement which you will probably have heard a lot growing up in this world since a child - this concept that we should not like somebody because they know a lot summarised in the common statement that "Nobody likes a know it all"..Its a concept which really highlights some of our main issues as a species on Earth - limitation. Where we cannot accept, acknowledge, learn from and respect the knowledge and achievements of others but rather will automatically attack, get jealous, look to criticise, disagree and compete with this person.
It is pre-programmed into us this "Nobody likes a know it all" statement, which has developed a focal enjoyment on not knowing, on stupidity and ignorance, as you see with many mainstream TV programs - this line of thinking feeds into everyone's unconscious mind globally, feeding into and perpetuating the stupidity that exists in this world which allows for fucked up things like: rape, starvation, slavery, war and poverty that happens everyday.
You can see how humanity would treat robots if they were fully integrated in society right now - racism and prejudice towards the knowledge that the robot holds - if you cant see that point then look at any number of Sci-Fi movies, that really highlight our dislike and distrust of the accurate knowledge of the machine.When it reality it is the reverse meaning of this statement which is what this world actually needs that would actually support our growth individually and as a species - "Everybody likes a know it all".
I mean sure allowing your ego to believe you know more then you do is not supportive, or believing you are better then others for some knowledge you have is also unacceptable, but bottom line - this world is in such a tumultuous increasingly destructive flux that now more then ever before in our history, we need people who are highly educated.
I always have time for people who are educated and are making a point, because the ability to comprehend intelligently gives you the ability to see patterns, outcomes and solutions that the
uneducated/unknowing cannot.
But I have seen myself judging people before based on their knowledge, I remember the first time I ever did this was when I was about 8 and my granddad was trying to explain something to me, I think it was about relativity.
I remember sighing, being bored, being really confused and annoyed that I didn't know what he knew, I didn't know what he meant so, my response in my mind was to react and then try to disregard what he was saying by stating something I had learnt at school with my mates at the same time "Nobody likes a know it all".
My granddad immediately challenged me on this statement, by saying it to me back in reverse - he said if everybody loves a person who knows nothing, then those people will not solve anything in life.
He went onto to simplify - that anyone who believes that "nobody likes a know it all" is simply a stupid person trying to hide their inadequacies.
Just last night I saw an issue where as I was making a factual point about funerals with a friend, but she was caught up in this "nobody likes a know it all" character, so was questioning and disagreeing with the facts I was presenting and I reacted to her being this character as "I expected better" from her.
I have noticed this pattern in me before, where I will react to someone disagreeing with a fact that I am stating, and then I will forcefully go on a rant about this fact until the person submits to the fact I am presenting.
So thanks to living with my granddad a lot growing up who was highly educated, and my own self-corrective application of self-insight, self-forgiveness and breathing through the years I do not accept this "nobody likes a know it all" statement/concept as myself.
However the reactions I have when I see the other person existing as this "Nobody likes a know it all" character in a conversation, this annoyance that they cant see the fact, or are trying to refute it, actually shows me that I do still have issues to investigate and resolve in my mind in relation to this in order to live what is best for all life.
So encourage, respect and learn from new knowledge that people make you aware of in life, and join me next time as I continue to walk this point in my journey to life.


No comments:
Post a Comment