Friday, 16 November 2012

Day 66: All Hairy and “Manly” as a "Beard Monster"



Interesting, growing up in this world that my environment, what TV showed me and what adults said to me, I allowed to create an idea in my head that if a man has a big beard that he is more “manly” then a man that doesn’t have a beard. I have believed that a beard makes a man “more” in a lot of ways in fact. Most of my mums partners growing up I remember mainly all had beards, biker types that I found pretty scary on the whole. And in general majority of men that I showed some kind of respect to growing up were men with beards, as I actually found beards pretty scary when I was a kid. To me at the time a beard made a man look really imposing and scary kind of like a monster that could eat me in some way lol, and a lot of the “tough guy” characters I saw on tv all had beards or an unshaven look.  

Anyway I noticed today that my beard was getting itchy in the morning from growing pretty long, and when I was about to have a shave, I looked closely at my beard in the mirror, and I had a resistance to shaving come up, which I realize is because of multi-dimensional self-beliefs I have accepted and allowed myself to exist as in relation to beards.  Where I believe that it is more “manly” to have a beard, that it makes me “more wise”, that is makes me tougher and scarier than a guy without a beard, and that at work it is easier to get sales/new recruits if I look older because in my mind a beard gives me more of an “aura of authority”.

Then when one of my workmates pointed out my beard by making a joke that I can borrow his shaver if I forgot mine, I laughed about it making a “witty response” as if I wasn’t bothered by the remark, but inside I actually reacted as a negative thought – “fuck you buddy my beard gives me authority”.
Lol, it’s pretty fucked up, because if my workmate had said “I like your beard” then I would have reacted with a positive thought like “thanks buddy yeah my beard is pretty cool”, which I have done before, and especially I notice if a woman complements my beard, obviously because of the sexual connotations that go with that, which then I allow to reinforce this mind possession I have been existing as. 

it fascinating because when I just say the word beard, immediately I get thoughts of a beard being “tough and manly”, and all of this I’m writing about here in relation to beards, simply reveals some of the dimensions of value I have placed on beards in my mind, thus reveals my acceptance and allowance of myself to exist as male ego, to be limited and defined according to the pre-programmed mind.

I realize that in fact a beard is nothing more than a beard; it is just hair that grows out of the face of certain men, which really has no practical functions apart from making a person look older, and is kind of handy in cold weather as some additional insulation of a kind lol. But anything else I have created  in my mind in relation to a beard is all in fact not real as being based in physical fact, but is just based in holographic illusions, thus complete fabrications, which I require to walk out through effective self-honest investigation, self-forgiveness and consistent corrective application of breathing, as I realize that these beard points inside myself is a system of limitation in complete separation of myself which does not support me in any way to live what is best for all, but rather keeps me enslaved as an organic mind controlled robot in complete dishonesty, which I am not willing to accept any further.  

There is a lot more to investigate here, so join me as i continue in my next blog….
 

No comments:

Post a Comment