Sunday, 24 May 2020

Day 384: The Master and The Apprentice

How do you respond when someone suggests you do something? Do you react in emotions or do you cross reference here with physical certainty? Do you have a Master or Apprentice currently? Well if you are on the road to be a master in anything you will have to be an apprentice and if you already are a Master in one field you must develop an apprentice to pass on what you have learnt and you must also realize that your master status in one field always requires sharpening to remain a master and it also means you will be an apprentice in something else.

What must be clear here is that an effective Master/Apprentice relationship will not be based on a God/Slave relationship, but rather as equals which is where the greatest learning comes from. Children as an example do not respond well to being told "you have to do it like this because I said so" they will always respond better to "this is how we do it to create the best outcome".

An effective master must have complete knowledge and skill in a subject, a master must be able to take charge of groups of people, to have principles as solid as a rock and experience as deep as a well and crucially be able to pass on their knowledge. An effective apprentice is a beginner and knows as much, the apprentice must agree to work for a set period of time under a master and the starting point of all questions must be for learning not competing with the master.

Do not try to pretend to be a master, to try and convince others you are a master in something if you are still an apprentice in actuality. Notice in the Star Wars film series that a Jedi Padawan who thinks they are a master already (Anakin Skywalker) is based in separation and thus will only have consequences of abuse.

The ego is fascinating how it wants to define itself as a master when really it is a novice, do you notice how many "mental health experts" have sprouted up in this lockdown? Fascinating isn't it, the ego always desires to be "praised for its knowledge" and to deny that it doesn't know something.

Whoever you are in life, if you do not have both a master and an apprentice in some area of your life, then it highlights you are not living a life of education that's best for all. Because anyone who has a Master is humble enough to understand that they don't know everything and that they require to learn from others in life, someone who always says "I can do it myself" will purposely try to avoid having a master because of ego and will likely fail.

Then a Master who does not want to have an apprentice is only highlighting their own self-interest, which manifests as a world of chaos where nobody supports each other and rather competes with everyone else.

A true learner a truly educated person, learns and understands that there is no plateau of intellectual mastery, that even when mastery is achieved in anything, one must keep it sharp to not fall back into apprenticeship and also one must delve into new dimensions and fields where I will again be an apprentice.

Recently you could say I have acquired an Apprentice, someone who wants to learn from me yet  I still have masters too. But when i say master I don't mean they tell me what to do all the time, but i always respect and listen to their feedback and will use it as a part of my template of decision making to get to whats best for all - who do you listen too?

My master had to put his foot down with me recently about a post I made and it is only because of the stability I have created within and as me in relation to a master and apprentice that enabled me to immediately take onboard the feedback to come to a decision that's best for all.

We must always walk as the master and the apprentice, to be prepared to be incorrect about something and learn how to adjust it and when we master something we must be clear about sharing with others what has made us a master.

If you have problems learning from others, or teaching others, then you may find these statements assist as they have and continue to do so for me -

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realise that even when I master something, I still need to keep sharpening this mastery and I am still an apprentice in other areas of my life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realise in every breath that there is never a plateau of learning.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realise in every breath that when I do not sharpen my expertise in anything, then eventually it will become blunt the longer I leave it.

I forgive myself as my beingness as my innocence that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I can claim mastery without living, when in self-honesty I am always an apprentice until I can effectively apply some knowledge and therefore require much more training to be able to be actually classified as a master.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realise that by claiming mastery without walking the necessary physical steps to claim that status, will only cause consequences of abuse, because the starting point here is separation as the mind.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to deceive myself that I am the master in something when I am not.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not listen to my master immediately, when in self-honesty I know my master truly cares for me, so will not make a suggestion unless it is to muy benefit - trust myself as my master, who is committed to giving me the best teaching.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire to make decisions in my life based on what "I think" would be a good idea as this false master, instead of realising that a true master would not have to "think" this is the right course of action, the master would know with certainty it is.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that my master thinks he is better then me, when in self-honesty this is my own ego projecting onto others, reacting to the master and blaming the master, when in reality it is me that thinks I am better then my master which I use as a justification to not listen to him effectively which is unacceptable.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify not listening to my master through a false belief that my master thinks they are better then me (Anakin Skywalker syndrome lol).

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to disagree and argue with my master, just because "I don't like" something they have suggested to me without checking if that suggestion is actually best for all, which indicates ego - the thoughts "I don't like it" always indicates ego.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realise that an effective master/apprentice relationship is not based in a god/slave starting point but rather an actual platform as equals.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that it is "bad" to be an apprentice and "good" to be a master, which is just a pointless polarity friction based in the fear of being defined as stupid. I realise this polarity unconsciously feeds into all humans in this global system to continue this idea based in separation that everyone wants to claim mastery, which when it is not true is just abuse.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear being defined as stupid by others, because of my ego defining myself as a master, which sometimes is true and sometimes is not and is my ego trying to convince me I'm a master at something when really I'm an apprentice.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realise that being an apprentice does not make one stupid, there is no such thing as stupid, there is simply different speeds of learners,

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realise in self interest that whenever I do not share the best way to do something with my apprentice, it is because of competing against them in my mind instead of supporting them as equals which is unacceptable and is the basis of the manifestation of abusive thoughts in humans and the outward manifestation of a competing, aggressive, abusive world.

I commit myself to not allowing myself to deceive myself around master and apprentices, by competing with masters and apprentices in my life which is counterproductive to learning - so as and when I see my mind reacting to one of my apprentices or one of my masters, I stop and breathe, I do not allow myself to participate with these thoughts as only chaos ensues from ineffective relationships. I continue to breathe until there is no more thoughts that come up.

I commit myself to living the realisation that when one is living what is best for all in their education, then one will always be clear about being a humble master and a humble apprentice.

I commit myself to exposing fake masters in this world, who claim to be experts assisting people when really they are novices abusing people in the name of ego, attention and self-interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment