Sunday, 27 May 2018

Day 280: Back to basics

What is something that we humans tend to do in anything we do? Over-complicating things - over complication of our thoughts, our emotions and feelings - Its also interesting to look at how intelligence is so important in life, developing vocabulary and expanding our understanding of our world to maximise our capacity, our ability to collaborate and create anything.


However one must be careful, because the more knowledge and information you carry within you, then the higher your intelligence will get, but then also the ego can mess with you at the same time, where a form of "tainted intelligence" develops which tends to always look for the complex answer, because according to intelligence simplicity can often be judged and defined as stupid when the ego is caught up in "intelligence." - this is something Scientists fr instance can easily become afflicted by.

However, in reality in anything I do I find that sticking to the basics is where I produce results that are best for all life - that is what equal money, equality and oneness is all about, because the best foundations are based on simplicity, not over-complication.

For example just recently my friend I haven't seen in a long time came to see me, hes a very smart guy who works in banking - but when we planned meeting up he suggested that he could bring some of his new artwork hes working on to show me, that we could go on a trip somewhere, do some training, that we could discuss economics with some of his other friends in banking, that we could go to the cinema, that he could bring his girlfriend and one of her friends for me.

But then he said he would need to get an extra train to pick up his girlfriends friend, and that I should call him at set times so we could time an eta arrival so I could pick them all up from my local train station.

He speaks and acts fast habitually, which is needed at times in life, especially in the financial world - but as he was explaining this giant plan for the weekend to me, he sounded a bit stressed about cramming all these points in - so I told him to stop, to breathe and slowdown.

I reminded him that while all the elements of his plan sounded cool, that we are not at work, we do not have deadlines other then what we create - we only have a few days at the weekend to see each other and ultimately it is seeing him again, catching up that was the main thing I was interested in doing.

I explained that we can just break things down and get to each point breathe by breathe 1+1 and see what we have time to do and if we don't get all of it done, then we can space all the points out across other meetings in the future - it doesn't all need to be done in one weekend.

He understood what I was saying and in the end he just came down by himself, we had some good chats, we did go to the cinema, played some pool and we did discuss economics with some of his other friends.

It was a cool and relaxing weekend, which if we had followed his plan would have been too complicated in one weekend and would have only been more stress then was needed - we said our goodbyes and agreed to get the other things done in the future. 

Over-complication - its just so easy to bring into anything we humans do, because that is how our pre-programmed mind works, it always looks for some "genius" complicated plan to get to success in something.

Despite what I have learnt in life, I still catch my mind trying to over-complicate the answer to something at times - like just today for instance I wanted to walk Baku, do all the housework, clean the car, see a friend, do some research, workout, do shopping and make dinner.

But as these spiral of thoughts were coming up, I realised that this is just my ego trying to over-complicate my day, so I forgave myself of these thoughts, slowed down through breathing where I could clearly see that while I could have done all of these things in one day, it was not practical, so I just did around half of the things, because simplicity moves according to 1+1=2, not 1+10,000 = 2 or any other stupid combination of numbers that don't add up through over complication in the mind.

Or the other day, I was speaking to someone who had a specific heart condition and this person was talking to me about if they should get medical insurance and what cover they could expect - initially my mind went into over-complicating the explanation, and I could see I was confusing this person.

So I breathed slowed down where I could see the fuck up I was allowing, so once I continued to focus on breathing I revisited the conversation again and broke it down in a much more direct simplistic way, which ultimately allowed him to clearly understand me, which of course was best for all.

So remember that we must highlight every area of our life where we are allowing over-complication to occur, because only consequences of over-complexity can come from this, stress, rushing too much, hindering communication.

Get used to forgiving your thoughts, to slowing yourself down in the moment as breathe, where you can re-write your own script, 1+1=2 applying common sense allowing yourself to then stick to the basics, stick to practicality in anything you do, which is where solutions that are best for all manifest.


No comments:

Post a Comment