When I was a lot younger I liked a comedy show called the Fast show which is well known from the 90's in England.
But one of the sketches in this show was of two suit tailors, who would use fear, flattery and comedy to make people want to buy a suit, usually unsuccessfully to hilarious effect. The whole sketch is designed to make a joke out of how good some suit tailors are at salesmanship and getting customers to spend as much as possible on a suit.
In reality there really is some great suit salesman out there, I interacted with one just recently. Its amazing in life how in a brief 10 minute interaction with a person can identify so much about yourself and all life.
Now usually I don't like to consume clothes unnecessarily, I don't consume recklessly which is reflected in my credit rating - but I've had some money come in recently and some of my old clothes were damaged so I have bought some new things.
So I recently bought a new suit and did so with the help of no suit tailor, yet when I got home I realised I should have got a seperate new black jacket as well, as my current one was faded and slightly damaged.
The next day I went to a different suit shop, one I haven't been to before and immediately upon browsing the suits for a minute a man appeared behind me in a suit with a tape measure around his shoulders.
He introduced himself and his thick American accent was immediately evident - then he complimented the suit jacket I was looking to buy, he reeled off the different types of suit jackets/occasions for each type and his knowledge on suits was phenomenal. I thanked him and proceeded to walk to the counter to buy the jacket.
But this suit tailor questioned me as I began to walk, he said "Are you sure you don't want the suit trousers to go with that jacket?" to which I responded "no its ok I've got loads of black suit trousers" to which he responded "But how will you feel knowing that the trousers and the jacket are not from the same suit?".
He said this in such a matter of fact way and with a concerned look on his face - I laughed as I could immediately see the fear he was trying to use in order to get me to buy the full suit. Then the next second I actually had some old memories come up of when I have mixed suits before and had a fear reaction about it in the moment come up like "will people notice that the trousers and jacket doesn't match?" "I will be embarrassed if someone points that out".
I came out of the memories the next second, looked at the suit salesman who could tell I was thinking as he had a "I told you so" type of look on his face. I walked back up to him and said "that was really nicely done, you are showing me my own limitations as a consumer right now, ok give me the whole suit then"
He quickly measured me up and we completed the whole suit, I asked him how long he has been a suit tailor - he said for over 30 years across four countries and he said his aim no matter the suit shop was always to "make sure that the fears and desires of customers must be appeased in one visit if possible"
I said "well im sure youve been successful at that very often and you have succeeded again". I shook his hand and as I walked out of the shop I knew that I was just shown how programmable I am if the right buttons are pushed.
Of course it's an enjoyable experience to wear well made clothes, which are usually expensive - but allowing fears around fashion to cause me to buy stuff I don't really need is not needed -
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realise that although I am usually disciplined in my spending which I have developed in my process, I can still have reactions come up which can be used against me by effective salespeople to make me buy something I wasn't planning on buying.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that If my suit is not matching, then that will be a bad thing. I realise that I am just creating a polarity conflict here which keeps me in complete separation from physical reality, because it is simply matching clothing or not.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create a polarity construct where I see a matching suit/clothing as good and a mixed suit/clothing as bad, without realising that there is no good or bad in either, both have no more value then each other and both will make sense in various situations.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire to always have matching clothes, without realising that whether my clothes match or not, it does not change who I am here as life and so should not cause any such desires.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that if I am not looking well dressed I will be judged negatively by others, which while that could be true according to how we humans are programmed, there is no validation to fearing this.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself not to realise in every breath that fashion is used against humanity to keep us in separation, where we value amd trust people more or less based on how fashionable they look.
I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realise that fashion is subjective within clothing, it is interchangeable dependant upon what individuals and society says is acceptable at any given time, whether it makes sense or not - yet comfort is eternally supportive for my body here and thus focusing on comfortable clothing first is a foundation that's best for all, because the needs of the body should always supersede the desires of the mind.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to hold onto memories of suit salesman in a TV show making me laugh as a child, which has had the consequence in adult life of me automatically trusting suit salesman/tailors.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify buying more then I need as a means of appeasing my own fears around what will look the best and be as comfortable as possible, to remove decisions through buying more, instead of stopping myself breathing, applying common sense and just getting what I need here.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that my potential as a salesman, as a friend, a partner is limited if i'm not looking as well dressed as possible as often as possible, which is a mind fuck, because while being well dressed can help with all those things, your potential to be effective in anything should not be dependent on how you look but mainly on how you perform.
I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realise that there is nothing wrong with dressing smart, of enjoying expensive clothes - so long as im not allowing any separation within it and keep myself stable and self-honest as this breath.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself not to realise that giving in to fear and desire, consuming more than I need like a zombie in the name of my own self-interest while majority live in suffering is the problem why the world continues as it is.
I commit myself to not allowing myself to be convinced into getting more then i need in moments where I am buying new clothes, so as and when I see my mind having thoughts, trying to justify buying more for no solid physical reasons, I stop and breathe, I do not allow myself to interact with the convincing thoughts, I continue to breathe until there is no more thoughts that come up.
I commit myself to enjoying wearing comfortable and fashionable clothes, but not at the expense of living as who I am as this breath of life.
I commit myself to living the realisation that while fashion can be met at times, comfort should always supersede fashion as my foundation while buying clothes.
I commit myself to not giving up until I have created a world where all can enjoy the physically comforting experience of wearing the best clothes and where fashion parameters can be more limitless then ever before.
But one of the sketches in this show was of two suit tailors, who would use fear, flattery and comedy to make people want to buy a suit, usually unsuccessfully to hilarious effect. The whole sketch is designed to make a joke out of how good some suit tailors are at salesmanship and getting customers to spend as much as possible on a suit.
In reality there really is some great suit salesman out there, I interacted with one just recently. Its amazing in life how in a brief 10 minute interaction with a person can identify so much about yourself and all life.
Now usually I don't like to consume clothes unnecessarily, I don't consume recklessly which is reflected in my credit rating - but I've had some money come in recently and some of my old clothes were damaged so I have bought some new things.
So I recently bought a new suit and did so with the help of no suit tailor, yet when I got home I realised I should have got a seperate new black jacket as well, as my current one was faded and slightly damaged.
The next day I went to a different suit shop, one I haven't been to before and immediately upon browsing the suits for a minute a man appeared behind me in a suit with a tape measure around his shoulders.
He introduced himself and his thick American accent was immediately evident - then he complimented the suit jacket I was looking to buy, he reeled off the different types of suit jackets/occasions for each type and his knowledge on suits was phenomenal. I thanked him and proceeded to walk to the counter to buy the jacket.
But this suit tailor questioned me as I began to walk, he said "Are you sure you don't want the suit trousers to go with that jacket?" to which I responded "no its ok I've got loads of black suit trousers" to which he responded "But how will you feel knowing that the trousers and the jacket are not from the same suit?".
He said this in such a matter of fact way and with a concerned look on his face - I laughed as I could immediately see the fear he was trying to use in order to get me to buy the full suit. Then the next second I actually had some old memories come up of when I have mixed suits before and had a fear reaction about it in the moment come up like "will people notice that the trousers and jacket doesn't match?" "I will be embarrassed if someone points that out".
I came out of the memories the next second, looked at the suit salesman who could tell I was thinking as he had a "I told you so" type of look on his face. I walked back up to him and said "that was really nicely done, you are showing me my own limitations as a consumer right now, ok give me the whole suit then"
He quickly measured me up and we completed the whole suit, I asked him how long he has been a suit tailor - he said for over 30 years across four countries and he said his aim no matter the suit shop was always to "make sure that the fears and desires of customers must be appeased in one visit if possible"
I said "well im sure youve been successful at that very often and you have succeeded again". I shook his hand and as I walked out of the shop I knew that I was just shown how programmable I am if the right buttons are pushed.
Of course it's an enjoyable experience to wear well made clothes, which are usually expensive - but allowing fears around fashion to cause me to buy stuff I don't really need is not needed -
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realise that although I am usually disciplined in my spending which I have developed in my process, I can still have reactions come up which can be used against me by effective salespeople to make me buy something I wasn't planning on buying.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that If my suit is not matching, then that will be a bad thing. I realise that I am just creating a polarity conflict here which keeps me in complete separation from physical reality, because it is simply matching clothing or not.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create a polarity construct where I see a matching suit/clothing as good and a mixed suit/clothing as bad, without realising that there is no good or bad in either, both have no more value then each other and both will make sense in various situations.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire to always have matching clothes, without realising that whether my clothes match or not, it does not change who I am here as life and so should not cause any such desires.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that if I am not looking well dressed I will be judged negatively by others, which while that could be true according to how we humans are programmed, there is no validation to fearing this.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself not to realise in every breath that fashion is used against humanity to keep us in separation, where we value amd trust people more or less based on how fashionable they look.
I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realise that fashion is subjective within clothing, it is interchangeable dependant upon what individuals and society says is acceptable at any given time, whether it makes sense or not - yet comfort is eternally supportive for my body here and thus focusing on comfortable clothing first is a foundation that's best for all, because the needs of the body should always supersede the desires of the mind.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to hold onto memories of suit salesman in a TV show making me laugh as a child, which has had the consequence in adult life of me automatically trusting suit salesman/tailors.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to justify buying more then I need as a means of appeasing my own fears around what will look the best and be as comfortable as possible, to remove decisions through buying more, instead of stopping myself breathing, applying common sense and just getting what I need here.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that my potential as a salesman, as a friend, a partner is limited if i'm not looking as well dressed as possible as often as possible, which is a mind fuck, because while being well dressed can help with all those things, your potential to be effective in anything should not be dependent on how you look but mainly on how you perform.
I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realise that there is nothing wrong with dressing smart, of enjoying expensive clothes - so long as im not allowing any separation within it and keep myself stable and self-honest as this breath.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself not to realise that giving in to fear and desire, consuming more than I need like a zombie in the name of my own self-interest while majority live in suffering is the problem why the world continues as it is.
I commit myself to not allowing myself to be convinced into getting more then i need in moments where I am buying new clothes, so as and when I see my mind having thoughts, trying to justify buying more for no solid physical reasons, I stop and breathe, I do not allow myself to interact with the convincing thoughts, I continue to breathe until there is no more thoughts that come up.
I commit myself to enjoying wearing comfortable and fashionable clothes, but not at the expense of living as who I am as this breath of life.
I commit myself to living the realisation that while fashion can be met at times, comfort should always supersede fashion as my foundation while buying clothes.
I commit myself to not giving up until I have created a world where all can enjoy the physically comforting experience of wearing the best clothes and where fashion parameters can be more limitless then ever before.




No comments:
Post a Comment