How many times have you been in a situation where your body is clearly warning you of something, but instead of listening to and heeding the warning your body gives, you just keep going along with entertaining thoughts instead, focusing on what you want - ignoring the warnings until your body eventually hits you back as revenge in a way for not listening in the first place.This is common for instance in martial arts gyms around the world, you will always see someone in the gym, who has a bad injury, but is training really hard anyway and you know that at some point they are going to face the consequence of a long term injury if they don't start slowing down, listening to the body and letting the little issue heal before it accumulates into a big issue.
The body will start with little warnings, then escalating where it may get to a point where it will be too late for you to intervene and heed the warnings before consequence comes crashing down on you - in the gym it could be varying sharp pains in your injured locations, these sharp pains are the body trying to tell you to slow down and give me time to heal before putting more pressure on me.
But the ego of the fighter keeps thinking - "nah i'm good i can go all out, yeah i've got a little knock, but its nothing im a tough dude". As much as ignoring physical pain can be a verification to many of how tough someone is, training hard through injuries for instance, constantly telling yourself your ok, does in fact create a tough character for a fight that can zombie through pain - however in reality it is this tough guy character as the ego which also can completely fuck you before you know it in your training/fights. If you listen to the body and relax immediately when a problem comes up, then maybe you will only be injured for a few months, if you don't as this "i'm so tough" idea you could find yourself out of any training for a year or worse.
It always seems like a "good idea" to "battle on" in our minds until the consequence of not listening to the body in the first place plays out and you realise that it was never a good idea in the first place, but realising that after the fact means nothing unless you learn from it and take action to stop a repetition of it. This isn't exclusive to fighters though, in self-honesty we all do this ignoring the needs of the physical in so many areas of our life, which is reflected in the world we see where so much abuse is ignored.

I had a stark reminder of this a few days ago, where I wasn't looking after my body correctly, "pushing on" in my self-interest and suffering the consequence of throwing up all over myself.
I realise I have had this pattern for a long time of ignoring pain, ignoring the bodies feedback as the ego, ignoring my bodies warnings - THINKING I can push through my physical limits, but in reality I cannot and only cause unnecessary damage to myself when I do.
I have been so slow to learn this point in my life, this pattern has to stop so I can live what's best for all life -
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a fight with and ignore my bodies warnings as the ego in certain scenarios, where I am pushing the physical to its limits causing damage to myself instead of listening to and respecting my bodies warnings of overexertion.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define myself as and believe that I am so tough that I can ignore my bodies warnings, as if my body is wrong and my ego that doesn't want to admit defeat is always right - when in reality every time the physical shows me through consequence that it supersedes the ego.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire the acknowledgement of others that I can push through my limits, which speaks to an attention seeking issue where I will always think I am justified in this bravado, because im having a lovely innocent "good time" with my friends which is unacceptable.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to create and feed into a polarity friction that it is "good" to be tough enough to ignore what my body needs, and that its "bad" to not be able to do that, when in reality this is in reverse without the good/bad polarity - so it is always best for all to listen to and give my body what it needs, whereas it is always harmful self-abuse to ignore these needs.
I forgive myself that I not accepted and allowed myself to live the realisation that the physical gives energy to the ego, not the other way around - thus when the body suggests stopping something, that suggestion must always come before what the ego wants.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to refuse to see that whatever the ego thinks is best, in reality it never will be best for all, because it is based in my pre-programmed self-interest, my addiction to energy and entertainment - while the physical is only interested in what is actually needed to sustain the body.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not be honest with myself about what my body needs in all moments, through existing as this detrimental idea projected onto reality that I can ignore this or fight through these needs in separation of myself - I see that when I am honest with myself in these moments I breathe when thoughts come up, I stay clear about what is happening and I take common sense action to give my body what it needs to replenish itself before i cause damage to myself, not after the fact when the damage has already been done.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to refuse to see that this process of ignoring pain, ignoring the needs of the physical is the exact process in all humans pre-programmed minds as society that has designed the world as the fucked up place it is now - where rape, war and starvation are allowed to exist in silence, while we humans "power on" through this pain in search of manifesting our self-interested desires instead of fixing this worlds pain.
I forgive myself that I have not realised that accepting and allowing myself to push through and ignore physical warnings, is indicative of believing that abusing myself to get things I want is acceptable, when it is not and never will be.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that abusing myself to get an energy high is always worth it, when in reality this is the recipe to harm the physical so I take self-responsibility now to make sure this stops.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to hold onto memories growing up of seeing and reacting to my mum not complaining about her pain in her body, to power through and look after me no matter what, as a reactionary catalyst for me to develop a pattern of defining myself as someone who must also naturally ignore when my body is struggling to remain stable.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to allow the idea that I should ignore my bodies warnings to me, to become a part of my nature all the way back since childhood.
I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realise that yes while my mother was the first person I saw ignoring pain, she was not doing that out of self-interest, it was for my benefit to make sure I had what I needed, she had few others to rely on and had to act - but when I ignore my bodies cries out just to satisfy my futile self-interest there can be no justification for that.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to add layers to this initial starting point of this pattern though developing that fight gym mentality of "ignore the pain and push" from sporadically training different martial arts in my life with a lot of tough fighters.I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be slow in realisation of the fact that creating a world that's best for all means creating a world where everybody honours the requirements of the physical ahead of the ego in all-ways, without excuses and justifications for the ego to get what it wants starting to creep in - I am the directive principle here, meaning I am the one responsible to be the example of creating myself as the world I want to see, where all life is supported equally.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to participate in the world systems capilticsitic idea of ignoring the physicals needs, instead of walking in discipline as the example to expose the damaged world this idea creates.
I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fail to see in every breath that the money system is designed the same as our minds, so in any moment where I focus on satisfying my selfish desires first ahead of my physical needs, is another moment I feed into mine and all life's enslavement as this selfish money system as myself and is one step further away from a money system that satisfies life first and foremost for eternity.
I commit myself to not allowing myself to participate with thoughts to ignore my bodies warnings, so as and when I see my mind having thoughts like this come up, I stop and breathe, I realise and see clearly in common sense the harmful consequence of ignoring my bodies warnings, I breathe and continue to do so until there is no more thoughts that come up to ignore my body, no matter how many times I have to fall in order to get this discipline developed into who I am, I work this muscle until it is a part of my every fibre.
I commit myself to living the realisation that me like every single being in this world has physical limitations that must be respected, the consequences of fucking with them are real, whether one initially acknowledges them or not, they exist and they exist for a reason to show us when our desperate pursuit of happiness is causing damaging outcomes to ourself and our world, we are flesh and blood beings with limited lifespans that cannot handle the consequences of ignoring our physical needs as paramount in all moments.
I commit myself to exposing myself and all others who try to justify abusing themselves through ignoring something their body needs in any moment.
I commit myself to living as a world where the needs of the many as all the cells in my body, as all those enslaved in poverty, outweighs the needs of the few as my ego, as the financial elite in extreme wealth.

No comments:
Post a Comment