Sunday, 23 December 2018

Day 310: Reflecting on this year and preparing for the next one

So 2018 is soon to come to a close, on a global scale there has been many events: we have had more basic income discussions/tests in governments around the world then ever before, we have had tensions between North and South Korea over Nuclear Missile programmes against the back drop of the Winter Olympics.

We have Venezuela in political and economic crisis, a fourth term for Vladimir Putin, the World Cup in Russia, Donald Trump has had a successful Midterm Election, Prince Harry has married US actress Meghan Markle, more environmental solutions are being discussed/created/tested, Cuba has seen the end of the Castro era, The Northern White Rhinoceros has been added to the extinction list, many other species in danger of being added to this list, more Hollywood corruption coming to light like the Weinstein case, unexplained deaths of celebrities such as Anthony Bourdain, Kate Spade, Mac Miller, XXXtentacion among others, as well as the expected death of the likes of Stan Lee, Barbara Bush and George H.W. Bush.

In my own life there has been the development of my education in specific fields such as Insurance, Web design, business and Journalism. I have visited more countries, meeting new friends and having amazing experiences along the way such as attending my first GIN event which was amazing.

I have cut relations out of my life in terms of friends and business who have not been supportive relations to maintain, while developing the strength with current and new supportive relations in all areas of my life.

I have had a year unusual for me in terms of health, because I usually never get Ill, yet in 2018 I have been afflicted multiple times by a powerful type of flu, which while being annoying in the moment has led me to investigate and correct reactions within myself I have had about this, as well as investigating and aligning more points within myself in my process in general such as thought patterns around Aliens, Laziness, Desires, Self-Judgements, Embarrassment, Preaching, Smoking, Sleep Patterns, Dreams, Machines, Winning/Losing, Communication and Time keeping among other points.

My application of practical living in doing what is best for all life in every moment in relation to these points has been more effective on some then others, as correction and alignment has been more straight forward on some things then others, where as the more deeply entrenched points will require further investigation and consistent discipline in self-honesty here to effectively correct moving forward.

Regret is an interesting word and when people are asked if they have any regrets, it is an automatic response from many to say they have no regrets. From my perspective this is dishonesty, because if you have no regrets from 2018, then that means you are not seeing clearly in the moment things that you could have done more effectively, you are saying you did everything perfectly, because if you have no regret then your year should have been almost pure bliss.

So if your life is not where you would like it to be, then this should show you there is regrets you have in self-honesty, which if you move yourself can be great motivators and catalysts to make sure you correct and avoid carrying these points you regretted about 2018 into the new year of 2019.

For me I am satisfied for instance in what I have achieved in 2018, yet I regret that I spread my time thinly across many activities at various points leading to at times ineffective results. I regret that while I have made positive strides I have not made the financial leaps I would have liked to occur at the start and throughout 2018.

I regret that while I did do some cool travelling and gave myself time off work, I would have liked to create more time for these points.
   
Then as with every year where a capitalistic system of abuse is in place, I regret that humanity is not yet collectively ready to manifest what is best for all life here in every moment.

Yet within this reflection, while all these regrets and other regrets have come up, I will not allow myself to be defined by these regrets, Instead I use them as tools of support to show me areas that must be aligned here moving forward to not repeat the mistakes of the past.
 
Wherever you are in this world, If you are someone who celebrates Christmas and the new year or not -  I implore you to take this next few weeks to reflect on your life, on what has occurred in our world internally, in our participation and collectively. Look at what it is that is here, lets not allow any regrets to repeat themselves, lets investigate all things and keep that which is good.

Lets make 2019 the best year in human history individually and collectively!

Join me next time as I continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment