Sunday, 22 April 2018

Day 275: Embarrassment as Support

You know those moments where you feel self-conscious, awkward, ashamed and  stupid abut something you have done, or something or someone that makes you feel that way.
Now while you might not initially notice it in the moment when your embarrassed, but these moments of embarrassment are some of the greatest forms of support you can get for realising things we need to improve about ourselves and our interactions in this world.
As humans we all like to act like we are as cool as ice all the time, that we are always in control, never making mistakes, always know the right answer and we love basking in the glory of being told we are amazing by someone else.
Yet within these points we are completely possessed as the pre-programmed ego, where we always think we have everything worked out and essentially from this praise from others, this certainty that we are right - we do not learn anything new about ourselves, but rather a boost to our own idea of ourselves.
If you can be embarrassed it means there could be things you are scared for others to know about you, something your scared to face, scared to change - If it is still possible for us to react and become embarrassed in any situation, then this should also go to show you that some of your acceptances and allowances, your habits are inherently stupid and that you have a lot more to learn to improve as a living being.
Yet I have noticed that even though I am a pretty relaxed guy who is not easily offended or embarrassed in any moments -  however, I can still be offended or embarrassed at times, and I have noticed that any moments where I react and become embarrassed by something, that these moments are a phenomenal support for myself to investigate the root of the embarrassment.
From there I can make the necessary adjustments in my acceptances and allowances in order to ultimately change myself, so interaction with pre-programming ceases, so the stupidity reduces in my interactions, the comfortability with myself here increases, and therefore the ability to be embarrassed reduces.
Just recently I for instance sent a package to somebody in the mail, now this is common for me as I have many friends, training partners and business partners all around the world.
Now while I did send the correct package to the person who is a business partner, I also was not paying attention when I sent the package and put something else in the package which should not have been there.
This thing was not dangerous, but was something that could easily offend someone if they found it, as it was an empty pack of smokes - when the person notified me that they received my package with everything they wanted but with something else they didn't want - I felt embarrassed.
A big wash of shame came over me as I knew the person receiving my package did not smoke, and I felt stupid that I would make such a bad mistake to put that in an important letter containing business contracts.
This moment of embarrassment though has pushed me to question my smoking habits further, which for a long time has been an addiction for me - this one single moment of embarrassment has served to fuel my determination to stop all forms of addictions that still exist within me, smoking being one of the most prominent ones.
So if you have a moment of embarrassment that happens in your life, do not accept that embarrassment for what it is and forget about it - investigate this embarrassment, find the root cause and from there you will empower yourself to make the necessary corrections in order to continue improving ourselves as living beings on our one planet earth.
Join me next time as I continue to walk my journey to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment