I've lived with dogs my entire life, there has always been a hairy canine in my daily living. I find dogs to be amazing beings, which are called "mans best friend" for good reason. I enjoy their physicality, their touch and expression, I've been through all the high points and low points of my life, and dogs have always assisted me and vice versa.
I've noticed recently that as I've had a few issues come up in my life, that whenever I find out a person does not like dogs, or doesn't like the breed of dogs that I have, I react - I get pissed off by what I perceive to be nothing but fear and ignorance, and then I start judging the person in my mind as an arsehole, and then will do anything to avoid that person.
I mean yes, dogs and all animals should not be feared, but why is this happening? Why am I taking that personally? Why am I not considering the fact that we all have been brought up in different ways? Because that is the truth, so I'm looking here at placing myself in the shoes of someone who is afraid of dogs or certain dogs.
I have assisted people before in the past that have animal fears, like friends and ex partners that had particularly dog fears, which is my speciality to assist a person with when it comes to animals I would say - my dogs are great for people like that, because Rottweilers and Staffies are considered breeds that cause fear for many people. But Cypher and Baku are so friendly to people that it really helps people to see that it is all a matter of how animals are treated as to whether or not they are dangerous.
And I think in part my recent reactions to people saying they don't like dogs, is because when I think of teaching people to understand dogs, I immediately have memories of ex partners come up, which regardless of the "high points" all ended up in "low points" and the ending of the relationship, so its kind of like in my mind I think - well that was a pointless lesson to show someone because they are gone and avoid me like the plague now, so why bother next time?
But I realise that my actions must be unconditional, if I'm assisting people with animal fears, just so they can like me, and want to be around me, then my starting point is completely fucked. I realise that I cannot control what people do, but I can unconditionally plant seeds, and there is no end to the value that action in and of itself has, which even if the person never sees me again as a friend or in any capacity, what I have shown them in regards to dogs may still assist them in later years to get to a point of self-realisation regarding their equality to all life.
So instead of reacting in my mind to people that have fears of dogs and animals in general when I next come across it, I will not react and avoid the person, I will attempt to interact with the person, and assist them or just plant a seed, I will not allow, memories, fears and emotions dictate my interaction.
So join me in my next blog as I walk self-forgiveness/self-corrective statements.
I've noticed recently that as I've had a few issues come up in my life, that whenever I find out a person does not like dogs, or doesn't like the breed of dogs that I have, I react - I get pissed off by what I perceive to be nothing but fear and ignorance, and then I start judging the person in my mind as an arsehole, and then will do anything to avoid that person.
I mean yes, dogs and all animals should not be feared, but why is this happening? Why am I taking that personally? Why am I not considering the fact that we all have been brought up in different ways? Because that is the truth, so I'm looking here at placing myself in the shoes of someone who is afraid of dogs or certain dogs.
I have assisted people before in the past that have animal fears, like friends and ex partners that had particularly dog fears, which is my speciality to assist a person with when it comes to animals I would say - my dogs are great for people like that, because Rottweilers and Staffies are considered breeds that cause fear for many people. But Cypher and Baku are so friendly to people that it really helps people to see that it is all a matter of how animals are treated as to whether or not they are dangerous.
And I think in part my recent reactions to people saying they don't like dogs, is because when I think of teaching people to understand dogs, I immediately have memories of ex partners come up, which regardless of the "high points" all ended up in "low points" and the ending of the relationship, so its kind of like in my mind I think - well that was a pointless lesson to show someone because they are gone and avoid me like the plague now, so why bother next time?
But I realise that my actions must be unconditional, if I'm assisting people with animal fears, just so they can like me, and want to be around me, then my starting point is completely fucked. I realise that I cannot control what people do, but I can unconditionally plant seeds, and there is no end to the value that action in and of itself has, which even if the person never sees me again as a friend or in any capacity, what I have shown them in regards to dogs may still assist them in later years to get to a point of self-realisation regarding their equality to all life.
So instead of reacting in my mind to people that have fears of dogs and animals in general when I next come across it, I will not react and avoid the person, I will attempt to interact with the person, and assist them or just plant a seed, I will not allow, memories, fears and emotions dictate my interaction.
So join me in my next blog as I walk self-forgiveness/self-corrective statements.


No comments:
Post a Comment