Sunday, 30 August 2015

Day 137: "What will be, will be"

We have all had a situation where we felt like something happening in our life was out of our control, then in this moment either out loud or just our mind we say the words "What will be, will be".

Someone said this to me today, when they were explaining a problem that they didn't think they could deal with. I have experienced this same thought many times before, and even in the past week I have also had this thought come up that "What will be, will be".

I noticed from when I have looked at this point before - that what was behind the thought "what will be will be", was actually a pre-program based in hopelessness, feeding into inferiority and an acceptance of other people being the decision maker for a problem in my life -- so this thought was simply a way for me to give up on a point, to let someone or something else decide what I should do because I didn't know what to do, feeding into confusion and ignorance regarding a problem, instead of directing the problem myself. But not even necessarily just in relation to a problem, this thought of "what will be, will be" can just be indicative of a persons general concept of "going with the flow", which is literally like saying I am not going to be directing my world and thus my future in any way, no structure, just "flowing", which is the basis for a lot of spiritual beliefs in the world.

Most typically I have heard people say "what will be will be" through the years whenever a persons relationship is not going to plan, which is interesting because if you are not directing yourself to fix the problems in the relationship, then it is like already admitting that the relationship is over in your mind. My own experiences of this thought have also been in relation to relationship problems, but also regarding many other problems that have come up in my life.

So this thought is really not beneficial to accept - because the allowance of this thought directly removes responsibility from our own hands -- so in essence making us more ineffective decision makers, and more effective pre-programmed robots.

We have to be honest with ourselves and realise what we are doing, and that this makes no sense to engage in. The whole idea that problems will just "fix themselves", and everything will be okay in the end without self-direction is complete deception. The whole idea that problems in our lives and in the world cant be changed by ourselves, and that there's no point in trying to change things because we are "so small" is also a deception - and clearly both of these ideas are behind the thought "what will be will be".

And what is interesting about this, is that if we actually will ourselves to change - will ourselves to direct ourselves and make improvements to everything that's here -- then we will be actually willing our own lives and this world to be a place that is best for all - so you can be sure that a world that's best for all, will only be, if we will it to be, in everything that we do, so lets let it be :)

Join me in my next blog as I share self-forgiveness in relation to this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment