Saturday, 15 August 2015

Day 136: Am I really directing My-Self?

Its something that only we can be honest with ourselves about in any moment, and know within any endeavour we do in this world - Am I really directing myself? Or am I being directed by what's in my pre-programmed mind?

Today I was explaining this point to my son, we were walking in the forest with the dogs, and at one point we decided to play on a tree. After a few minutes of playing, I said "we are up high enough now lets get down, but I'm going to get down first so I can guide you down", so I jumped off the tree which my son was amazed by. Now bearing in mind that it was only about a 10 foot drop, which for me was easy to do due to my athleticism and experience in climbing, but the next moment my son said, "That was so cool dad, I want to do that!" enthusiastically. I said to him that "well you just need to come down to a practical height for you then you can try it if you like".

Once he climbed down to about a 4 foot height I said "Ok you can try it now if you want". Then as he went to jump he looked at me with fear in his eyes and said "actually I'm a bit scared now, will you catch me?". Now I knew that the height he was at would be an easy jump for him to land on his own two feet safely, so I said "if you were up higher I would catch you, but from that height you can land that jump by yourself easily son".
The fear had frozen his body as he was half crouched on the branch, I could see him debating with his back chat about if the jump was really a good idea. I said to him "The fear your feeling right now is trying to control your actions, now you can decide to let that fear direct you and climb the rest of the way down, or you can breathe, let the fear go and direct yourself to jump, because its a safe height for you". I watched the change in him as he took a few deep breathes, then jumped, landed on his feet and had a big smile on his face as he gleefully stood and said "your right dad that was an easy jump actually, I just breathed and released the fear!" we both cheered and started laughing, bumped fists, then carried on our walk.

There has been many other situations in my sons life where I have walked him through the process of stopping his mind and making self-directive decisions of what's best for all in a moment, and in every situation he has understood what I'm saying, then tested the point and seen the results for himself in the moment, and from this he is beginning to develop a good understanding of assessing himself internally in moments, and taking action to change when he sees something is not assisting him to improve himself.

As I was driving us home later I smiled while thinking about the fact that children can understand the principles of equality and oneness so easily, yet many times in my life when I have attempted to explain the exact same point to an adult, the adult has not been able to actually understand and apply what I suggested - this clearly shows that through the years of accepting and allowing ourselves to be directed by our own internal thoughts and conversations -- we have conditioned ourselves to only move ourselves in our lives based on what's in our mind, in our own interest, with "free" will, and our Capitalist money system world wide reflects this accumulated inner mental distortion we have -- rather then taking Self-Responsibility, moving ourselves from the starting point of breathe to create an interest that's beneficial for all life in all moments - a sustainable practical living system that allows all to excel to the maximum, and where as a species we will see true human evolution the likes of which we have never seen before - so I commit myself to direct myself in every moment to do all I can to live what's best for all.

The state of our planet is completely unacceptable currently, and the clocks always ticking for humanity to change, so lets all open our eyes, and direct ourselves to make a better world in every way asap shall we.

  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment