Saturday, 17 August 2013

Day 107: Bernard Poolman - Heaven in the Shoes of One and All

Yesterday I was spending the evening with a friend, and we were going to watch a dvd, but I had no films with me and she didn’t have any dvds apart from one - a tv series called Blackbooks. Interestingly the main character in this series is called Bernard, and he is a character that is generally presented in this series as the most uncaring kind of person that one can imagine.

Just as finding out about Bernard’s death for the first time was an extremely strange unsettling experience within me, as im sure it was for every Destonian - also watching this series Blackbooks was a very surreal experience, surreal in that of all the dvds my friend could have had, this was the only one she had.

Also it was strange for me watching this tv series, because this main character called Bernard was essentially the complete opposite of the Bernard I knew. The Bernard I knew was the most giving man that walked this Earth – I understood this before I visited the farm, but complete clarity of this I only realized when I was living on the farm for a month a few years ago.

Anyone that has visited the farm with clear open eyes has undoubtedly seen the exact same thing that I saw when I was on the farm – a living example of an equal money system in action, everyone from plants, animals and humans all having unconditional support, working individually and together as a group building a better world in action, there was paid wages provided for people from local villages, everyone taken care of. And the point of Bernard is also a point that everyone realizes when they visited the farm in the past – that the “myth of the Beast” is a man like you, me and everyone else here.

I mean Bernard could show people their own shit like no other and was the clearest example and point of cross reference that existed for every Destonian – I can remember the chats we had and his words so clearly, always so direct, no bullshit, just the truth, so many points we chatted about, just to give a couple of quotes here – “You must learn to walk away Marley” he said to me, so simple and to the point -  this was regarding my gang past, as I always have had that point of wanting to fight with people, some of which spilled into my process through for example the point of forcefulness with others about the Desteni message, like this is the way so fucking get with the program arsehole lol, which obviously created a lot of unnecessary arguments/fights with people. It seems small, but I never had a father to really lay that point down directly with me and it was a simple clear point that Bernard was sharing with me, and ever since then, I have noticed and stopped myself from arguing with people much more consistently.

“Marley you must not judge yourself because of your skin colour, realize that this is completely unnecessary, I mean one day everyone will be mixed race” – again this was something which really supported me a lot, as I have always judged my skin colour a lot, judging myself as “less than” because I am not white – so these words really had a big impact on me moving forward, it was profound, nobody had pointed this out to me in my life, and so it supported me to support myself to release all the backchat in relation to skin colour.
I really could write a book on all the things that Bernard has said and done for me through the years and immediately when I found out he was dead it was like I felt like my father had died, which essentially for every Destonian Bernard was just that, the fatherly figure, the unshakable rock that you could always turn to when you felt like you needed assistance with something - truly the greatest of us.

There are many that never met Bernard yet claimed to know the man – lots of bullshit opinions, fears and judgements from many, just as I had when I first came across Desteni in 2007. Yet in the scale of billions of people on Earth there really is only a handful of people that truly knew who the real Bernard Poolman was - a man like anyone else – but truly the greatest of us – the man that had walked his process of self-forgiveness, self-honesty, living what’s best for all for longer and more consistently than anyone else – the blueprint of Heaven on Earth existing here on Earth in the shoes of a man – I mean it has been clear to me for years that if everybody in the world could take on the responsibility that Bernard did and live like Bernard lived, then we would already have Heaven on Earth. I feel Privileged in every way to have known the man.

So I cried for some time when I first found out he was dead, and I have got teary eyed at certain points in the day this past week, feeling very low with a lot of backchat of “how can the best of us go now?”, hopelessness, feeling broken in some way.

So I will be walking through any backchat about Bernard dying, applying self-forgiveness and self-corrective application of breathing, and so yesterday was interesting as I was watching this tv series Blackbooks with this uncaring Bernard character, my eyes got a bit watery for a moment and I just smiled as I was watching this programme knowing that Bernard left the blueprint of Heaven on Earth in his words and deeds for us all to walk as ourselves – so let’s walk to end all abuse in this world no matter what it takes – we must walk as Bernard walked, as a completely clear example of what’s best for all – the more Bernard Poolmans that exist = the sooner we will have a world that cares for all life equally.


Thank you for everything you have done Bernard - you have been missed by us all this week, we will never forget you or the service you gave to life -  we move forward with objectives clear and with strengthened  resolve as a group.

1 comment: